HOW TO FINALLY END YOUR CHILD’S ADD/ADHD NIGHTMARE! WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER DOCTOR THAT YOU HAVE SEEN?
We treat your child metabolically and neurologically! You are on this website because someone you love is suffering from ADD/ADHD.I am here to tell you that……NO STONE IS LEFT UNTURNED TO DETERMINE THE EXACT CAUSE OF YOUR CHILD’S ADD/ADHD CONDITION!The statistics are staggering…SHOCKING FACTS ABOUT ADD/ADHD
1. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), also known as attention deficit disorder (ADD), affects approximately 6% of the population, while less than 2% receive treatment. The rates of ADHD are no higher in the U.S. than in other countries. For example, in China 8.9% of the population is reported to have ADHD. Puerto Rico reports a rate of 9.5%, Japan reports a rate of 7.7%, Germany reports a rate of 8.7%, and India reports a rate of 29%.
2. Out of 300 people with ADHD:
◾35 won’t finish high school.
◾25 will repeat at least one grade.
◾52 are abusing drugs or alcohol.
◾40 have tried alcohol and tobacco at an early age.
◾19 are smoking cigarettes (compared to 10% of the general population).
◾75 have interpersonal problems.
◾20 have set fires.
◾30 have engaged in theft.
◾25 will be expelled from high school for misconduct
3. Numerous studies show that approximately 50% of inmates have been found to have ADHD.
4. People with ADHD have a higher percentage of motor vehicle accidents, speeding tickets, citations for driving without a license, suspended or revoked licenses, medical visits, and emergency room visits.
5. Parents of ADHD children divorce three times more often than the general population.
I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THAT NO ONE HAS TOLD YOU WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU…….
I am going to address:
#1: What makes my program unique?
#2: How I successfully treat ADD/ADHD .
What makes my program unique?
We treat both sides of the brain…….
◾Right Brain (Hemisphere) vs Left Brain (Hemisphere)
◾In order to fully understand ADD/ADHD, we must look at them in terms of “hemispheres,” or sides, of the brain.
◾When we understand what each side normally does for a child when they are in balance (integrated), we can understand what goes wrong when there is an imbalance (functional disconnection).
• The “brake” pedal
• Withdrawal responses: stop movement, stop thought
• Controls gross motor: posture, big movements
• Likes Low Frequency Stimulation
• The “Where” part of the brain
• Social learning: how to apply knowledge
• Non-linear, “creative”
• Non-verbal communication: face, eyes, body
• Stimulated by novel, new stimuli
• Reading, math comprehension
• The “sad” brain
• The “gas” pedal
• Approach responses: initiates movement, initiates thought
• Controls fine motor: small movements
• Likes High Frequency Stimulation
• The “What” part of the brain
• Memorization of facts
• Verbal fluency
• Likes routines, sameness
• The “happy” brain.
The Brain Out of Balance
• Loves TV, Videos, computer
• Like sameness, routines, rituals
• Often great memory
• Normal and often above average intelligence
• Poor social skills/poor verbal skills
• Tantrums, poor emotional control
• Very self-directed, not very passive
• Tendency to fidget or stay moving
• Tend to fixate (perseverate)
• Often have “sensory” issues
Why the language delays?
The Right hemisphere is responsible for non-verbal communication.
Non-verbal communication is the foundation of verbal communication
– Understanding one’s feelings
– Understanding facial expressions, body language etc
Without these basic pillars of communication, appropriate verbal communication is delayed.
One method to encourage appropriate speaking in these children is to work on building the foundation—non-verbal communication.
Why are there “Sensory” problems?
Sensory problems most often are not a problem with the particular “sense.”
Often the problem is with the frontal lobes and inappropriate withdrawal responses to the sensations.
• Traditional Treatment Options = medications
• These traditional treatments don’t take into consideration the issue of HEMISPHERIC IMBALANCE.
• Which side of the brain needs more help?
– Right or left?
• What specific areas of that side?
– Parietal lobe?, Temporal lobe?, Frontal lobe?, Cerebellum?..…
• What is the “metabolic capacity?”
– When is enough too much? What is the stamina of the area?
– We don’t want to over stimulate or exceed metabolic capacity (EMC)
HOW DO I SUCCESSFULLY TREAT ADD/ADHD?
By using specific metabolic and neurological testing and treatments!
SPECIFIC METABOLIC TESTING AND TREATMENTS:
I: Sensitivity Testing: to determine if your child has a sensitivity to gluten (wheat, rye, oats, and barley), milk, eggs, yeast, and soy. If they are sensitive to ANY of these food groups, it could be making your child’s ADD/ADHD condition worse as it will increase inflammation in their brain and throughout their body!
Here are some of the symptoms of these sensitivities:
Chronic pain or fatigue
Bloated after eating
Frequent loose bowel movements
Mouth ulcers or sores
The only way to find out of you are suffering from any of these sensitivities is the run the test.
II. Complete Blood Panels
By using specific blood tests such as:
#1: A thyroid panel
#2: A complete metabolic panel (CMP)
#3: A lipid panel
#4: A CBC (complete blood chemistry with auto differential)
We can assess your child’s thyroid, adrenal glands, liver, kidneys, red/white blood cells and gut function with the above lab tests. All can be affected with chronic health conditions. By addressing any problems with your thyroid, adrenal glands, blood chemistry, or gut function, we can help you to heal faster. The CMP also allows us to check your blood glucose levels since glucose and oxygen are needed by the brain to function properly.
III: Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) :
You can test the adrenal glands with a test called an Adrenal Stress Index. This is a salivary test much like DNA testing. The adrenal glands sit right above the kidneys and they are your “stress” organs meaning that they react to stress. If the patient has been or are currently under stress, this test is a must!
IF THE PATIENT SUFFERS FROM INSOMNIA AND/OR DIABETES, THIS TEST IS A MUST! IT WILL MEASURE THEIR CORTISOL LEVELS.
IV. Immune Panels—EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!:
Many ADD/ADHD children are suffering from an autoimmune condition.
There are two parts to the immune system, TH1 and TH2.
IL- 2 and TNF-alpha = TH1
TH1 is T-cells. T-cells are the army that attacks and cleans up afterword. (Helper T-cells, Suppressor T-cells, NKC, regulatory T-cells, and macrophages.
IL-4 and IL-10 = TH2
TH2 is B-cells. B-cells make anti-bodies. They tell T-cells what to kill. If the testing comes back with a high B-cell count, the patient is TH2 dominant.
T and B Lymphocyte & Natural Killer Cell Panel
IL-2 ,TNF-alpha, IL-4, IL-10
Natural Killer Cell Activity
You will want to determine if there is an active antigen or dysregulation.
Active antigens are parasites, bacteria, virus, mold, yeast, fungi, protozoan, foods, chemicals, and heavy metals.
The best indicator for an active antigen as the cause of the patient’s abnormal dominance is the “Helper/Suppresor” ratio on the T & B cell panel. (also called “CD4:CD8” ratio).
The closer to 2.5 the ratio is (or if above that), the more likely it is that you’re dealing with an antigen.
If the ratio is below 1.2, then you are most likely dealing with a dysregulation problem.
V. Intestinal Permeability: This test is used to determine if the patient suffers from leaky gut syndrome (LGS).
LGS or Leaky gut syndrome describes a condition of altered or damaged bowel lining, caused by antibiotics, toxins, poor diet, parasites or infection can lead to increased permeability of the gut wall to toxins, microbes, undigested food, waste or larger than normal macromolecules. It has been proposed that these substances affect the body directly, while others postulate an immune reaction to these substances.
VI. HORMONE PANELS: We can check hormone panels to determine if the patient suffers from low testosterone in males or low estrogen/progesterone levels in females. Symptoms related to decreased hormone levels may include depression, fatigue, mental fogginess, mood swings, hot flashes, sweating attacks, weight gain, and decreased physical stamina.
How do I successfully treat your child’s positive metabolic findings? By using specific nutritional protocols and Glutathione.
SPECIFIC NEUROLOGICAL TESTING AND TREATMENTS:
Oxygen therapy (depending on age of the child)
• Feingold Diet
– Eliminate dyes, benzoates, flavoring
• Cerebellum Rehabilitation
– Standing on right leg and catching a ball.
– Standing on right leg, toss a ball between hands while following ball with eyes.
• Vestibular stimulation
– Spins and head positions to stimulate various inner ear canals on the right side that send signals to the left brain.
• Hemistim Visual Stimulation Program
• Auditory: low frequency stimuli
• Olfactory stimulation
– Unpleasant, aversive smells stimulate the right side of the brain and initiate withdrawal.
– For example: “Smell raw onions through right nostril only, 5 times per day.
• Gross motor: postural muscle exercises
– “Cross Crawl”
– Neck raises, chest raises
– Balance exercises
• Taylor Visa-Graph (www.readingplus.com)
• Interactive Metronome (www.interactivemetronome.com)
• Office sessions 2-3 x/week for first 90 days-then re-evaluation
– 35 -40 minutes
• Home Therapies are a must!
– Brain learns through repetition, repetition
• Parents must be willing to work with their children at home.
• Supplementation and Diet
• Regular progress assessment.
• I work with other providers such as ABA, Speech Therapists and school staff.
My program has extremely high success rates, due partly to my unique approach, but also to our comprehensive screening process:
I only accept children that I believe that I can help.
If, after your child’s assessment, I feel that he/she is not a good case, I will refer you to the appropriate specialist with your test results.
Your child’s brain function can indeed be improved!
HOW DO I SUCCESSFULLY TREAT ADD/ADHD and ASD?
Again, by treating your child metabolically and neurologically!
Ask yourself the following questions:
#1: How has your child’s ADD/ADHD affected relationships, finances, family, or other activities?
#2: What has it cost you or your child in time, money, happiness, sleep?
#3: Where do you picture your child in the next one to five years if this problem is not taken care of soon?
#4: What is going to happen to your child if something happens to you?
#5: What is it worth to you if we could improve your condition?